what television teaches us…
If the world really was like prime time American television, then the world would be:
– Half the population would be white men.
– Five percent of the population would be black men.
– Just 1.9 percent of the world would be Asian or Latino men.
– Overall, 57 percent of the population would be men.
– 34 percent of the world would be white women
– 3.8 percent would be African-American women
– 3.8 percent would be Latino or Asian women
– 31.8 percent of the population would work for the police or some sort of federal law enforcement agency.
– 9.7 percent of us would be doctors.
– 2.6 percent of us would be criminals.
-1.9 percent would be supernatural creatures or robots.
stats taken from: http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2013/10/28/2840441/world-looked-like-prime-time-network-television/